[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Mr. Rylander, we have a problem.

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 16:58:19 EDT 2013

Ben,

Thank you.  I wholeheartedly agree that we need further open and
professional discussion about development procedures, and I think the
conference is a great place to start.  I know some folks that should be
involved in the discussion won't be in attendance, but they have IRC in
Canada :) and we can take notes, and nothing will be carved in stone on day
one.

I understand and agree with your desire for more notice before the merge of
feature branches, and I will commit to making sure I always provide that.
 I acted, as the release manager facing both a beta deadline and the needs
of users who require the code represented in those branches, in what I
believe to be the best interest of Evergreen, and I feel I succeeded as far
as the code is concerned.  I will work harder to succeed where my fellow
Evergreen developers are concerned.

Thanks again,

--miker