[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Google Summer of Code 2013

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Fri Mar 29 09:41:03 EDT 2013

Hi all,

As noted in http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013,
the organization applications open March 18 and end on March 29
(today).  At the March developer meeting, I'd volunteered to be the lead
administrator for Evergreen's application and coordinate activities
related to this process, but I'd like to ask for some help from others
who are able to assist with some of the following tasks:

1)  Review our ideas wiki page:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:summer_of_coding_ideas
-- I've updated the document to reflect that Dan Wells and I are the
mentors available and that Galen Charlton and I will be the organization
admins.  I think this year, we're going to apply a stronger emphasis on
co-mentoring to share the responsibilities and encourage further
participation between the students and whole Evergreen development
community.  If anyone else is still willing to be a co-mentor with
others on specific projects, please let us know.  That all said, Dan
Wells and I have reviewed the ideas listed on the wiki page and have
worked to revise them for this upcoming summer.  If there are other
ideas that could be included, please review and let us know.

2)  Review our "bitesized" bugs on Launchpad:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bugs?field.tag=bitesize -- Some of
these still have comments/code leftover from others, or may no longer be
relevant.  Are there other bugs that might be small enough to mark as
bitesized as well?  Please help us take a look over these bugs to see if
we can wrangle them into working shape.

Thanks everyone!

-- Ben

--