[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Backup Strategy

Elliot Voris evoris at slcconline.edu
Fri Apr 25 11:35:34 EDT 2014

Hey, everyone!

This is more a discussion than a question, but I wanted to see what various libraries are up to when it comes to backups.

We're a one-server kinda place, and I've created a set of shell scripts that I run (https://github.com/ElliotFriend/backup-scripts/tree/master/evergreen-ils, in case anyone can find them useful). They're a far cry from perfect, but they work well for me.

I'm really interested to see what other admins are doing for database/OS/code backups (especially curious about you big ol' libraries with huge clusters :-D).

Thanks!

Elliot J. Voris
IT Director
St. Louis Christian College