[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Credit Card Swipe for Credit Card Payment

Dan Pearl dpearl at cwmars.org
Thu Aug 21 09:26:24 EDT 2014

Solutions exist today, of course, to simply read a magstripe card and put the number into the appropriate payment field.  I’m not sure how the hardware works with the software to put appropriate info in the fields (card number, exp date), but it may need some software change to get it to work.

I would be interested in security: we should never store card data on-site (so you couldn’t pay a fine in offline mode), card data encrypted by the card reader, etc.   I would suggest not doing a big  investment in card reader infrastructure until the rollout of Chip and PIN in 2015.