[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Request: include bug numbers in commit messages

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Feb 18 12:33:36 EST 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Jason Stephenson <jstephenson at mvlc.org> wrote:
> Is this something you want applied retroactively to branches that are
> waiting to go into master now, or is this request more for future
> branches that get created?

Better now than never.  I won't stamp my feet if it doesn't get
applied retroactively for branches that are yet to be merged, but on
the other hand, git filter-branch --msg-filter can be used to edit the
commit messages in a branch without having to touch each patch during
an interactive rebase.  For example:

git filter-branch -f --msg-filter 'sed "1 s/^/lp12345: /"' range-of-commits

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton