[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposed changes to indexing_ingest_or_delete

Liam Whalen liam.whalen at bc.libraries.coop
Thu Jan 9 16:38:52 EST 2014

> Cool.  I will make a note to revisit this thread once I've made a
> little headway on the new record attribute code.

Regarding attributes,

I have create an algorithm that can be used to sort serial's added via the serials module.

It is currently used to sort the holdings table in the Sitka TPAC, and it is used every time a serial record is retrieved.

Ideally, these values would be stored as attributes in a table that would get updated when a copy is added or removed.

I am not sure if this is something that would need to be considered in your new attribute code?

My current version of the Serial's code can be found here:

http://git.sitka.bclibraries.ca/gitweb/?p=sitka/evergreen.git;a=commit;h=759a359e9c4ab5c16b1a78df7952f9e4a74a4408

The function rank_serial_copy_by_issuance is the one with the algorithm.

Liam