[OPEN-ILS-DEV] SIP server documentation available in AsciiDoc on Git collab branch

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Jul 9 13:02:22 EDT 2014

I'm on board with Galen's suggestion about making the
min_spare_servers='1', but I would also add that my recent testing of this
option indicated a need to also define the max_spare_servers value when
setting min_spare_servers to anything other than 0.

And then, it follows that you need max_servers > min_servers >
max_spare_servers > min_spare_servers

So an example config entry might look like:

        <server-params
           min_spare_servers='1'
           max_spare_servers='2'
           min_servers='3'
           max_servers='25' />

If not set appropriately, I found that SIPServer failed to start correctly
and silently crashed without too much explanation outside of higher logging
levels.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum