[OPEN-ILS-DEV] SIP server documentation available in AsciiDoc on Git collab branch

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Jul 9 12:50:47 EDT 2014

Hi,

> I don't use SIp server so I need others to look it over. So feel free to
> make additions, and/or to ask for help with AsciiDoc. Just let me know when
> I should push it to master for inclusion in the official docs.

Thanks for working on this.  I have a few comments:

[1] I recommend min_spare_servers='1' rather than zero, as otherwise
even small sites that have more than one SIP client in play have been
observed to experience issues with clients complaining that it takes
too long to establish a connection.

[2] The instruction to "cp oils_sip.xml.example oils_sip.xml" appears
twice in the document.  I think it should appear only once, to avoid
somebody following the instructions too literally.

[3] A permission should be added to the list for the SIP user profile:
'CREATE_PAYMENT'.

[4] It's not necessary to explicitly supply the -d and -s options to
oils_ctl.sh (assuming, of course, that the user is going with the
stock name of the config file, oils_sip.xml).

[5] Evergreen does support the Renew message.

[5] Evergreen does support the Fee Paid and Renew All messages nowadays.

[6] Evergreen also partially supports the Hold message, in particular
to cancel hold requests.

Regards,

Galen
--