[OPEN-ILS-DEV] SIP server documentation available in AsciiDoc on Git collab branch

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Wed Jul 9 14:48:33 EDT 2014

Thanks for the feedback. I will start adding the changes and push them
today, but I needed some clarifications. (see below)

Yamil

> Thanks for working on this.  I have a few comments:
>
> [1] I recommend min_spare_servers='1' rather than zero, as otherwise
> even small sites that have more than one SIP client in play have been
> observed to experience issues with clients complaining that it takes
> too long to establish a connection.

Done (thanks Ben)

> [2] The instruction to "cp oils_sip.xml.example oils_sip.xml" appears
> twice in the document.  I think it should appear only once, to avoid
> somebody following the instructions too literally.

I removed the second entry.

> [3] A permission should be added to the list for the SIP user profile:
> 'CREATE_PAYMENT'.

I added this permission.

> [4] It's not necessary to explicitly supply the -d and -s options to
> oils_ctl.sh (assuming, of course, that the user is going with the
> stock name of the config file, oils_sip.xml).

Original:

   $ oils_ctl.sh -d /openils/var/run -s /openils/conf/oils_sip.xml -a
[start|stop|restart]_sip

New version:

  $ oils_ctl.sh -a [start|stop|restart]_sip

> [5] Evergreen does support the Renew message.

I want to make sure I update this correctly. I suspect I should add a
"yes" to the entry for "29-30 Renew" for the "supported" column.
Should I change anything under its dedicated section...

------------
29/30 Renew

Evergreen ACS status message indicates renew is supported.
---------------

> [5] Evergreen does support the Fee Paid and Renew All messages nowadays.

I suspect I should add a "yes" to the "37-38 Fee Paid"  & "65-66 Renew
All"  rows in their respective "supported" column?

What should I change under their dedicated sections...

----------
65/66 Renew All

Not yet supported.

37/38 Fee Paid

Not implemented.

> [6] Evergreen also partially supports the Hold message, in particular
> to cancel hold requests.

What should I put in the "supported" column for "15-16 Hold"? For
example, just "yes" or "partially supports"?

What should I change under its dedicated section...