[OPEN-ILS-DEV] URI scoping in Evergreen

Justin Hopkins justin at mobiusconsortium.org
Wed Jul 16 11:19:56 EDT 2014

Hi Galen,

Here in Missouri many public libraries participate in a group purchase
of electronic resources through Overdrive - a program called molib2go.
(molib2go.org)

All molib2go member libraries have access to the same set of resources
and they share the available copies. It is also possible for a library
to purchase additional copies of individual titles that are only
available to their patrons. So, while the entire group may share one
copy of "The Hop" if a particular library wants to ensure their patrons
have access to this must read item, they can purchase one or more
additional copies.

Overdrive makes the groups MARC records available on an FTP server each
month and we have a process that downloads the records, adds $9s for
each Missouri Evergreen library who subscribes to molib2go, and adds
them to the database.

The premium set of records all have different 856 urls, so when we
receive those from the individual libraries we add the single $9s and
then attach that as an additional 856 to the record from the group load.
The result is that a library who does subscribe both as a group and with
added copies for their library only would see two 856 links in the catalog.

Justin