[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Set search preferences for a Browse sort

Victoria Lewis vLewis at catalystitservices.com
Tue Jul 22 19:00:31 EDT 2014

Hello,
I'd like to allow users to set a default sort order search preference in the staff client to choose how items are sorted in the Browse field(Admin -> Workstation Administration -> Set Search Preferences).

For example they should be able to choose Title: A to Z or Title: Z to A as their default.  I'd like to know how the existing default for Advanced Search Default Pane is set and use that process as a model.

I'm trying to run the javascript in a tt2 file. I'm want to access data.adv_pane, but the following code doesn't run.

                                JSAN.use('OpenILS.data');
                                data = new OpenILS.data();
                                data.stash_retrieve()

Any suggestions would be welcome.