[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Icon on hold/transit checkin popup dialog

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Mon Jul 28 02:50:17 EDT 2014

Oh the turtle talk again, hehe!

So, there's been some discussion about this in the past.  Here are some
links to Launchpad tickets discussing this issue:

"a frog would improve usability of transit slip" (imo, best bug title
ever!) -- https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/763944
"support distinct pop-up images for holds, transits, and hold transits" --

That second launchpad bug actually points at some useful discussion in a
previous email thread on the general list:
http://markmail.org/message/wll3kljcyqr2lvpl

Notable in the email thread are Bill Ott (GRPL) sharing git code examples
and Martha Driscoll (NOBLE) sharing sample images that help to
differentiate between the types of events.  I think there's enough
information contained in these links to put together something useful.  The
git example from GRPL suggests to me that whatever is decided can be
implemented server-side as a potential local customization by whoever
runs/hosts the Evergreen system.

That all said, it is not too late for someone to pick up where LP#1229757
left off and submit new development / code / suggestions and help plot out
a potential new direction for how the community should address this area of
Evergreen.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum