[OPEN-ILS-DEV] What is the 'safest' (or recomended) version of XULRunner for Staff Client 2.5

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Sat Jun 14 18:29:15 EDT 2014

As is, Evergreen staff client development stopped with xulrunner 14 around
Evergreen 2.2. Beyond that version of xulrunner, there are more issues with
parts of the staff client, like MARC editing (I think) and others.
For myself, I just use the Linux 64 bit tarball that's generated with my
staff client update builds. That comes with the expected xulrunner 14 so I
don't bother myself with finding others.

With the current development focus being the web based client, I do not
expect efforts to raise the xulrunner version compatibility beyond 14.

-- Ben