[OPEN-ILS-DEV] conflict between mysql and postgresql

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Fri Oct 17 12:12:12 EDT 2014

Stéphane,

I am not as knowledgeable as Galen, but I wanted to give you some
simple advice. First of all like Galen said, Postgres and MySQL can
co-exist quite well because their data is by default stored on
different locations within the servers, and they both by default use
different network ports to communicate.

With that being said, you can often get better performance of Postgres
when you use a dedicated server for just Postgres (or just MySQL). So
go ahead and set it up that way with both running on the same server.
Though if you notices that Postgres or EG runs slow, one thing among
other fixes to consider if you need to improve performance is to set
up Postgres on its own server.

Good luck,
Yamil

--