[OPEN-ILS-DEV] EG 2.8.0 + PG 9.4 + Debian Jessie install

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Fri Apr 17 15:31:43 EDT 2015

Hello, I installed EG 2.8.0 on Debian Jessie AMD64 and got it working without too many issues.  There are rumors that Jessie will be released this month so its current state should be pretty much as is.

Here are the problems I ran into, I searched for related bugs for each issue, but let me know if these are already being worked on.

1.       Install documentation needs some additions to cover Debian Jessie.

2.       Ejabberd 14 has a different config file format, opensrf install docs need to be updated. https://bugs.launchpad.net/opensrf/+bug/1445503

3.       Jessie no longer includes the libemail-send-perl package, so Email::Send needs to be installed via CPAN.  https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1362260

4.       Jessie comes with PG9.4 while the dependency makefile tries to install 9.3. https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1445150

5.       The 0.8.3 libdbi-drivers build fails on Jessie, the libpq.so is located in a location that isn't listed.  It sounds like it may be possible to use the packaged libdbi 0.9.0 and libdbd-pgsql 0.9.0, in which case the 0.8.3 libdbi build needs to be removed from the makefiles for Jessie.   https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1445182 https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1366964

6.       The dependency install was held up by a confirmation prompt for removing mod deflate.  https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1445187

Thanks
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110