[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Desperately Seeking Release Notes

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Aug 18 17:46:07 EDT 2015

Hi all,

As the 2.9 beta deadline looks. I want to bring attention to several
branches for new features that have the needsreleasenotes tag applied to
them:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bugs?field.searchtext=&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.structural_subscriber=&field.tag=needsreleasenote&field.tags_combinator=ANY&field.has_cve.used=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.affects_me.used=&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_branches.used=&field.has_branches=on&field.has_no_branches.used=&field.has_no_branches=on&field.has_blueprints.used=&field.has_blueprints=on&field.has_no_blueprints.used=&field.has_no_blueprints=on&search=Search&orderby=-id&start=0

If you are a developer and one of these bugs belongs to you, could you
please add a release note entry for your new feature? Alternatively, if
you are a DIG member who wants to help a developer out, writing a
release notes entry on their behalf might help get that new feature
ready for this week's release. Just be sure to make a comment on the
Launchpad bug saying that you are writing the release note so that you
don't duplicate each other's work.

There are some tips for writing a release notes entry at
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=contributing:release_notes.

There is also a template located in the docs/RELEASE_NOTES_NEXT
directory that can get you started.

I'm available in IRC if anyone has questions about how to write their
release notes.

Thanks!
Kathy

--