[OPEN-ILS-DEV] [RM] Call for roadmap entries for Evergreen 3.0

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri Nov 13 09:02:10 EST 2015

Hi all,

As much as I try to avoid getting involved in release numbering
discussions, I will say I agree with Chris, Jason, and Jim.

I think the community should make a big PR splash when the full client
is ready for production use, and the PR splash will be more meaningful
with a big version jump at the same time.

There have been a few moments in the 2.x series when we could have
jumped to 3.0, particularly when template toolkit was ready for
production. We've waited this long to make the jump, I think we can wait
a little longer until the web client is fully ready.

Having said that, I'm not going to beat a dead horse if the ultimate
decision is to go to 3.0

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier