[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Test Writing Day

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Tue Nov 17 10:05:28 EST 2015

Quoting Kathy Lussier <klussier at masslnc.org>:

> Jason, do you think there will be much of a conflict with release
> day if we hold off on merging any of the tests until after tomorrow?
> The patches from the August test writing day weren't merged until
> last week, and, I don't see why it would be a problem waiting a few
> days to merge this batch.

For monthly releases, I doubt that it would be a huge deal. I don't
think the tests would normally get back ported to the release branches.

I just recall that 2.9.0 release day was a bit of a pain because people
kept pushing documentation commits after I had already started working
on the release.

I still think it would be a good idea to have test writing day or any
other day involving code or documentation to fall on days other than
release days.

It is tough enough to get releases together without the added
distractions.

(Particularly difficult for me since our release schedule seems to
fall on the day after my consortium's Executive and/or Membership
meetings, so I have a day full of meeting the day before the release.)

Cheers,
Jason
--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Email: jstephenson at mvlc.org