[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Beta App Feedback

Ken Cox kenstir at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 22:31:40 EST 2015

Justin,

Thanks for the quick feedback!   I will probably come back around to
you on your other suggestions but let me hit wh

> [-7]: Perhaps we could use another, or expand on the .json file so
> that we could include all libraries in a given consortium/system for a
> more fine grained GPS based library suggestion

As you noted, the GPS is just used to suggest a consortium.  That's
where the account is, so why would we need to include all libraries?

> [-6]: Add the consortium level as an option for search scope

In the CW/MARS apps this works by scrolling all the way to the top to
"All C/W MARS Libraries".

> [-5]: Along the same lines, make user preferences already stored in
> Evergreen accessible/applicable (default locations, etc) or store new
> preferences for the app
> [-4]: Show some indication of consortium/system/branch levels in
> location dropdowns. It's not clear what is a system and what is a
> branch, and could make it too easy to set a system as the pickup
> location. I'm not sure how that would resolve.

noted, this requires more learning on my part.  The org tree is
especially baffling, and appears to be only visible in OrgTree.js.
Teach me.

> [-3]: Electronic resources don't display their 856 links
> [-2]: Subject and series information on the record pages could be links
> [-1]: A common feature among library apps, or apps where searching for
> books is a likely operation, is a barcode search - I think that would
> be a nice addition.

noted.

Thanks,
--