[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Keyboard shortcuts in the web client

McCanna, Terran tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Tue Oct 20 16:41:09 EDT 2015

I'm squarely in the pro-autofocus camp.

The majority of our library staff rely almost exclusively on the keyboard and mouse. There are some people who use keyboard shortcuts frequently, but many more who never use any keyboard shortcuts at all. While I think it would be nice if the keyboard shortcuts are still available in the web client, I would be strongly opposed to the idea of removing the autofocus just for the sake of consistency. That would most definitely increase the number of clicks and reduce usability for our users.

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150