[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Keyboard shortcuts in the web client

Benjamin Kalish bkalish at forbeslibrary.org
Wed Oct 21 12:48:00 EDT 2015

You know, on second thought, I realize that there are two very different
type of search interfaces in Evergreen: there are those where a search box
exists on the page as a convenient but subservient part of the interface,
and others where the search box is the primary means of interaction. I work
so much with the first type, that I forgot that the second type, which is
mostly used with a barcode scanner, will also appear in the web client. The
second type should absolutely be autofocused—otherwise using the barcode
scanner would be confusing and tedious.

Benjamin Kalish
Forbes Library / 413-587-1012 / bkalish at forbeslibrary.org

Currently reading: *Our Mutual Friend* by Charles Dickens
Just Finished: *Mind of the Raven: Investigations and Adventures With
Wolf-birds by Bernd Heinrich.*