[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Need help with forcing the installation of PG 9.2.x with EG 2.7.5 (Debian Wheezy)

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Fri Oct 23 11:37:30 EDT 2015

Yamil,

I have the following suggestions:

Add the apt repository for PostgreSQL to your system.  You can
find instructions here: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt

There should be a 9.2 server and so forth that you can install
from there.

You will want to install that before installing OpenSRF,
Evergreen, or other prerequisites.

As an alternative, loading the dump into a 9.1 database server
will probably work.  I load Evergreen dumps from 9.3 server into
a 9.1 server all the time.  I get lots of warnings, but in the
end the data loads and Evergreen still works.

Hope that helps,
Jason
--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Email: jstephenson at mvlc.org