[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Need help with forcing the installation of PG 9.2.x with EG 2.7.5 (Debian Wheezy)

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Fri Oct 23 12:04:19 EDT 2015

Jason (and others),

Thanks for all the suggestions.

At one point I did try installing PG 9.2 manually apt-get, but it was after
I had already installed OSRF and I got some errors. Though I think it was
because the PG targets were still there.

My guess is that means removing/commenting out these sections from
Evergreen/Open-ILS/src/extras/install/Makefile.wheezy? Anything else?

--------------------
PGSQL_SERVER_DEBS_91 = \
    $(DEB_PGSQL_COMMON_MODS) \
    postgresql-9.2 \
    postgresql-contrib-9.2 \
    postgresql-plperl-9.2 \
    postgresql-server-dev-9.2

<snip>

install_postgres_server:
make -f $(DIR)/Makefile.debian DEBS="$(PGSQL_SERVER_DEBS_91)"

I will try installing PG before I do anything else to see how that goes.

Also, good to know that you have had success with loading a newer PG
version into an older version, at least for testing purposes. I had tried
that originally, but I was scared away by the warning and a couple of
errors that I got. I think the main issue I was expecting a different DB
name in the 9.2 data dump.

Thanks again,
Yamil