[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Library card number via OSRF gateway?

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Thu Jan 21 08:23:02 EST 2016

Quoting Ken Cox <kenstir at gmail.com>:

> Thank you for the quick responses.  But I am missing something important
> about calling these methods through the gateway.
>
> I seem to have both the user ID and the card ID in the response from
> open-ils.auth.session.retrieve.  But when I try calling
> open-ils.pcrud.search.ac with either {"id":cardID} or {"usr":userID} I get
> an empty payload in response.
>
> Can you spot what I am doing wrong?

I'm not familiar enough with the gateway to tell you if anything is wrong
with those requests.  The JSON part probably needs to be wrapped in double
quotes.

If you have the card id, then I'd recommend doing open-ils.pcrud.retrieve.ac
instead of search. In this case, the parameter is just the card id, and you'll
only get a single result back instead of an array.

HtH,
Jason

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Email: jstephenson at mvlc.org