[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Let's Encrypt on Evergreen server

Ben Shum ben at evergreener.net
Tue Mar 8 00:00:24 EST 2016

Hi Kelsey,

This is a paste copy of the vhost definitions in my eg.conf for my
test server:  http://pastie.org/private/3mhgp90ba4a0xrwz48v16q

As indicated in the paste, I have a servername and then also
serveralias because I used two hostnames for this machine.

Everything else in eg.conf matches the stock setup file as far as I
can tell.  I did not encounter any error for my http vhost.

The error I'd focus on from your sample is this part:  "fmall.js:
Error: File not found:
http://evergreentest.stkate.edu/opac/common/js/fmall.js"

That file not found is cause it's trying to use the regular HTTP way
of finding the file instead of the forced secure HTTPS in your system.
If I change that URL to https:// in my browser, and look for the file
path, I can find the file.  So this is a case where if you comment out
the regular http vhost, bad stuff happens.

Normally, trying to force to HTTPS everywhere would be done via the
eg_vhost.conf configuration, at the end of that file.  However, there
is a known bug open where developers are trying to figure out some
remaining issues with forcing HTTPS everywhere:

Hope that helps a little.

-- Ben