[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Reporting OCLC "Cancels"

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Wed May 11 08:48:58 EDT 2016

There is no easy way to find the last copy in a consortium setting in order
to delete holdings in OCLC. Our instructions for deleting holdings in OCLC
for PINES catalogers are at
http://pines.georgialibraries.org/cataloging-deletingholdings. While PINES
specific, there are instructions for using a report with pivot tables in
MSExcel which might be useful for your member libraries.

In order to use the report, copies/items to be deleted must be set to
discard/weed status. While it adds an extra step, catalogers that use it
when they are deleting large numbers of copies prefer it to the other
methods. The instructions for the report begin on page 3.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service/PINES