[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Fastest way to load titles after catalog search (via OSRF)?

Ken Cox kenstir at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 20:20:56 EDT 2016

Dan and Jason,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Jason Stephenson <jason at sigio.com> wrote:

> On 09/21/2016 07:32 AM, Ken Cox wrote:
> > Thanks, but the GatewayRequest class I am using is from a old fork.
>
> If your Android changes are compatible with regular JDK versions, you
> could submit them as enhancements to the OpenSRF project.

The changes I made were not in pursuit of any goal higher than getting
them to compile with the Android tool chain.  I might have made some
trivial improvements along the way, like StringBuilder instead of
StringBuffer.  I also whacked every source from the tree that would
not compile for Android.  You can have a look at your leisure at the
Github repo under the opensrf/ directory.  Don't get your hopes up!

> Likewise there are Java classes for Evergreen. Are you using those? If
> so, have you needed to fork them?

Ah, yes, I use some of those, and I have had to change them. That is
where the XML parser lives, which I changed to XMLPullParser.  Removed
javax.* references.  Whacked sources that wouldn't compile. Have a
look in the repo under the core/src/org/open_ils/ directory if you
want to compare latest vs. latest.

Ken