[OPEN-ILS-DEV] usr message center and sms_notify grouping

Blake Henderson blake at mobiusconsortium.org
Wed Apr 19 21:53:28 EDT 2017

All,

Something interesting. Recently, we decided that all of our SendSMS and
SendEmail triggers need to also have a copy of the message in the
message center. This helps our library staff see the messages that the
server attempts to deliver easily. After making this change, I am
finding messages for a patron that contains a list of all of the holds
available for pickup for EVERYONE at that branch. Luckily there isn't
any identifying information.

After some digging, I am finding that it's due to the hold having a null
value for sms_notify, which happens to be the group_field for the action
trigger. If I remove the grouping, then patrons with the same SMS phone
number will receive a separate text for each item ready for pickup which
would be annoying.

This helps me find the definitions:

select * from action_trigger.event_definition where (message_template is
not null or length(message_template)>1)
and
(group_field is not null and group_field !='usr')

So, is this a bug? Any ideas or advice?

--
-Blake-
Conducting Magic