[OPEN-ILS-DEV] usr message center and sms_notify grouping

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Thu Apr 20 09:40:13 EDT 2017

Hi Blake,

We began doing PMC notices along with SMS and Email in January, and we
haven't seen that problem. Are all of your message types showing all the
holds, or just one of the message types?

Do you have a separate action trigger for each type of notification? (We
use one for email, one for pmc, one for sms.)

Most types of message triggers should have the Processing Group Context
Field set to usr. The only one of our SMS notices that has it set to
sms_notify is the the Hold Ready for Pickup SMS Notification and I'm
honestly not sure why that one is different. That one also has an Event
Parameters setting where check_sms_notify is set to 1 - perhaps because it
has an opt-in flag in the patron settings to check, and the other types of
SMS messages don't have an equivalent opt-in flag?

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150