[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Consider a duck donning a sweater

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Fri Aug 18 10:30:33 EDT 2017

Hi,

Today marks the feature slush deadline -- by the end of the day,
please have branches for non-trivial new features and/or enhancements
marked with plausible pull requests. (Note that in honor of the
eclipse, I will not actually be checking LP for the final set of pull
requests until Tuesday morning).

The purpose of feature slush is to ensure that there's (at least)
about two weeks for significant or complicated branches to be tested
and reviewed prior to being merged, so the deadline can be considered
a bit fuzzy even beyond the leeway I'm granting until Tuesday... but
the leeway isn't infinite for anything that looks like it might
destabilize master too much.  If you have questions about a particular
branch you want to get in, please let me know.

Friday, 1 September, marks feature freeze and string slush. After that
day, no patches for new enhancements or features should be merged to
master, though if it looks like there's stuff for destined 3.1 that
shouldn't sit unmerged for too long, I may branch off rel_3_0 around
that time.

"String slush" means that we'll be updating strings in LP for the
translators and that further string changes in master/rel_3_0 should
be minimized.  The full string freeze for 3.0.0 will occur on 27
September, coinciding with the release candidate.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager