[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Upcoming 2.12 release

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Feb 15 09:41:43 EST 2017

Hi all,

Galen brought to my attention that I had an incorrect date in my earlier
e-mail on the release schedule. Beta freeze is end of the day Friday,
February 17, not the 10th. Sorry for the confusion!

We still have a few days, then, to test and merge code that is targeted
to 2.12. The list of branches that need review have decreased, but we
still have several feature branches that could use review -
http://bit.ly/2lPdChU

There are a few 2.12-targeted bugs without code, and I have been in
communication with the developers working on those bugs. I'll be
following up today to see where things stand.

In particular, I would like to highlight the following branches where I
could use help with review (most are repeats from my last e-mail):

- Incorporating part information into biblio fingerprint -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1553287 - This is one of two
bugs that propose changing the way biblio fingerprints are generated. I
would like to merge them at the same time so that sites only need to
regenerate fingerprints once. Since I wrote the code to incorporate part
information, I need somebody else to sign off on it before both branches
can be merged.

- Evergreen integration with obalkyknih.cz -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1624366 - many thanks to Jason
Stephenson for providing initial review of this code last week! The
branch has been re-worked and is ready for review again.

- Add get_org_unit_ancestor_at_depth to action trigger reactor helpers -

Although I will be reviewing the following branch, due to the complexity
of holds in Evergreen, I would welcome additional eyes on the code:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1596595 - Hold targeter
features and refactoring- Many thanks to Chris Sharp for providing an
initial signoff on this code after running it in production.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator