[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Upcoming 2.12 release

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Feb 8 08:32:11 EST 2017

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who applied the 2.12beta targets to their bugs and
who talked with me over the past few days on the status of their code.
We have many LP bugs now with the 2.12 target applied -
http://bit.ly/2kSdVdG.

At this time, I'm putting out a general call to core committers and
other testers to help with testing the branches. For now, we should
focus on branches that are new features so that we can merge them in
time for the beta freeze on Friday, February 10.

I have a lot of time carved out to test these branches, but the more
people who are involved in testing, the greater the likelihood that all
of these patches can be reviewed.

In particular, I could use help with reviewing the following patches:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1624366 - This is a new
feature that would add integration for the Czech Added Content provider,
obalkyknih.cz.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1649180 - Adds a new
'translator' make target option

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1553287 - Incorporating part
information into biblio fingerprint - I need a signoff on this one so
that I can merge it along with another, already-signed-off branch that
also updates biblio fingerprint.

I have been reviewing the below two branches, but would welcome
additional review from another developer on them:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1629108 - Metarecord
constituents search result page should use standard search code. Note:
this one already has a signoff from me

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1573734 - Link to sibling
metarecord bibs in record details - This one is almost ready to go, but
Blake is seeking additional feedback on one piece of the project.

We already have people looking at the below two branches, but the
changes are significant and probably should get broad review:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1596595 - Hold targeter
features and refactoring

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1646166 - Hatch 2.12 Omnibus -
this one is a high priority for production use of the web client.

I also want to make note of a couple of requirements for the release:

I plan to merge https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1005040
sometime this week. Because it requires OpenSRF 2.5, we will need to
update our minimum OpenSRF requirement for the 2.12 release.

We also have a couple of branches targeted for 2.12 that will require a
reingest.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Kathy

--