[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen 3.0 installation and Gentoo packages

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Jul 11 09:29:26 EDT 2017

Hi Graham,

I'll let others answer most of your questions, but in answer to your
first question:

> First question: Are git://git.evergreen-ils.org/OpenSRF.git and
> git://git.evergreen-ils.org/Evergreen.git the repositories for Evergreen 3.0
> and the associated version of OpenSRF?
git://git.evergreen-ils.org/Evergreen.git is the master version of
Evergreen which will eventually become Evergreen 3.0. However, there is
no Evergreen 3.0 yet and there won't be one until September when the
beta version of 3.0 is scheduled to be released. You certainly can run
Evergreen master rather than an official release - I've known a couple
of other systems that have done so in the past. However, I also wanted
to point out that you can run the 2.12 release with the web client.
There is no need to use the xul client on the 2.12 release if that is
your primary reason for looking at 3.0.

Whatever direction you choose, good luck with your trials!

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator