[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Schedule for Evergreen 3.0

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Tue Mar 28 14:00:26 EDT 2017

Hi,

For consideration, here is the schedule I propose for the 3.0 release.
As I mentioned during the meeting today, I am intentionally suggesting
an early October release to allow a couple more weeks for fitting in
work on the web staff client.

May 15 to 19: Feedback Fest #1
  During this week, every pull request will be reviewed.

August 7 to 11: Feeback Fest #2
  If the first Feedback Fest is a success, a second one
  will be held in early August.

August 18: 3.0 feature slush
  At this point, all significant features should either have
  been merged or at least have LP bugs and pullrequests.

September 1: 3.0 feature freeze and string slush
  After feature freeze, no additional patches that add new
  features should be merged. On this date, updated templates
  will be made available for translators; while string changes
  between feature freeze and the release candidate are permissable,
  they should be avoided if possible.  An alpha release may also
  be cut at the discretion of the buildmasters.

September 6: 3.0-beta release
  Once the beta is released, only patches that fix bugs,
  resolve issues with the release, or improve translations
  should be merged.

September 27: 3.0.0 release candidate and string freeze
  Once the RC is released, only patches that resolve serious
  issues with the release or that improve translations will
  be accepted. Ideally, I18N aside, the release candidate
  would be identical to the general release.

October 3: General release of 3.0.0

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager