[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Vagrant/Ansible

James Fournie james.fournie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 15:18:57 EST 2018

Hi!

I've build a Vagrant box with an ansible provisioning script here:

https://github.com/jamesrf/evergreen-vagrant-ansible

The idea with this is to quickly provision an Evergreen VM for
development, testing, or just "tire kicking" by just running "vagrant
up"

This probably won't work on Windows but should work on Linux and Mac,
and needs an extra 4GB RAM for the VM.

I would really like to update this to build from a given git branch at
some point -- imagine having a clean VM built from any working repo
branch (ie: user/something/somefeature)

It would also be really cool to adopt the Ansible portion of this for
quickly building out clusters.

It's pretty raw and messy at this point, but I just wanted to do a
"spike" to get it working.  I would love it if you gave it a spin and
let me know if it works for you and what you think!

James