[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Looking at Gitolite Replacements

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Sat Feb 17 16:43:18 EST 2018

On 02/17/2018 02:08 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:

> Could you elaborate on your comment about GitLab branch permissions?
>> We don't have as much control over branch permissions as gitolite
>> offers.
> Aside from some fancy VREFs in Gitolite, I've been able to do all of my
> permissions identically in GitLabCE.

I suppose it was I who made that edit last year. I didn't know at the
time how to manage user branches in a single repo with Gitlab, and I
still don't. Honestly, I havent' really looked under the covers of how
gitolite does it, but I realize it must be some feature of git that is
being used to do it.

I mainly did this today to revive discussion on this topic in the
community that seems to have stagnated.