[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposal: Server Managed Print Templates

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Thu Apr 18 14:11:35 EDT 2019

+1 to managing print templates on the server side. In PINES I changed the
underlying template defaults so that our libraries would have workable
templates and then only have to change them if they want to.

>> - It occurs to me that this could readily become a basis for printing
sheets of barcodes and labels, though if we go down that path, it may be
necessary to teach it how to emit PDFs that are capable of having a block
to print precisely positioned on the resulting sheet of paper.<<

Would that be different from the work done in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1787479? Or build upon it?

Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager

Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia

1800 Century Place NE Suite 580 l Atlanta, GA 30345

(404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at help.georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.