[OPEN-ILS-DEV] [Evergreen-web-team] Make it easier to find how to contribute on the Evergreen Web Site

Rogan Hamby rhamby at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu Aug 1 10:27:51 EDT 2019

That has been part of a discussion going back at least three years about
doing a more user focused overhaul of the website.  Note, I'm not saying
our current site wasn't designed to be user friendly, it was.  I was part
of that group and how it would be used was forefront on all decisions.
But, alas, that was a long time ago and use cases change (among other
things) change.  That's just a disclaimer so that no one thinks I'm casting
aspersions on those of the past (including myself).  The work done at the
time was good.

As for now, I don't know of anyone who would disagree that it could use
both a functionality review and aesthetic facelift.  At one time there was
quite a bit of active agreement on those points. However, no one has
stepped forward to be the torch carrier on that.  I personally would
heartily endorse such a project but don't have the bandwidth to do more
than perhaps play a supporting role in it.