[OPEN-ILS-DEV] i18n in Angular client

Ben Shum ben at evergreener.net
Mon Jan 21 11:09:08 EST 2019

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the questions!

Just a comment about Pootle... during the last Hack-A-Way, we did
setup a Pootle test instance and it was unable to distinguish and was
actively stripping out the code elements needed for angular from the
generated xliff files.  Because of this, we started to investigate
alternative i18n web tools.

>From Dan Wells' suggestion, we started to explore using POEditor.com
to host the files and try things.  Bill Erickson and I found that it
worked better using .xmb source files generated from the Evergreen
code, and then importing those to POEditor.  And then doing some
translations and then downloading back down .xtb translation files to
be used.  The .xliff 1.2 version was expected by POEditor to be some
sort of iOS file that it didn't react well to.

This is a link to the POEditor Evergreen test instance we started
playing with:  https://poeditor.com/join/project/2FlOsiPYag

I have been a little busy to follow up, but hope to carve out more
time and attention on this soon (or at least around April during
conference season).  More to follow.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum