[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Extremely Critical Bug with jQuery 3.5.0

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Wed Apr 22 09:07:19 EDT 2020

Hello, all!

I want to draw attention to a bug that Galen Charlton opened the other
day, jQuery 3.5.0 breaks at least AngularJS interfaces,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1873286.

This bug is extremely important to be fixed ASAP. As it stands, one
cannot make a working Evergreen installation following the README
instructions, nor can one successfully upgrade or update an existing
Evergreen installation without being aware of this bug and downgrading
jQuery to 3.4.1.

I would also like to point out my experience from yesterday as mentioned
in comment #7 on the bug. I deliberately updated one of my test VMs to
jQuery 3.5.0 and the OPAC immediately began returning 500 Internal
Server Errors with Evergreen 3.2.8. After replacing jQuery 3.5.0 with
3.4.1, the errors stopped.

It is my opinion that this bug should receive a lot of attention before
the release of Evergreen 3.5.0 next week. Even if all we do for now is
to pin jQuery at 3.4.1 in the package.json files.

Jason