[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Training

Deanna Frazee dfrazee at ci.killeen.tx.us
Mon Feb 11 18:01:44 EST 2008

> It would be beneficial to understand what
> are our backgrounds and employment.

I am the Horizon system admin for our library as well as being director
of the place.  The director part was accidental, the sys admin stuff was
planned.  That said, I hold an MLS and have no formal training in
computers.  I just like them and work well with them.  Over time I have
picked up enough SQL to handle 98% of the queries I want to construct.

Prior to becoming a librarian in 1993, I put my BA in English (minor in
history for it and the MLS) to use as a technical writer and editor.  I
enjoy writing, but it didn't pay much.

I am also a twister.  You know, those people who make balloon animals.
It is the one art form at which I do well, and I hope to make a career
of it just as soon as I retire (7 years and 4 days).  Actually, I
already have a busy and spend many weekends either decorating or
twisting.  Someday, when there is an Evergreen Users Group and we get
around a conference, I will make everyone balloon hats with little pine
trees on top or something.

Deanna Frazee
Killeen City Library System
Killeen, TX