[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] draft terms of reference

web gurl georgiawebgurl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 14:34:37 EDT 2009

Okay, I'll take you up on the Comment Away! LOL

I think it sounds great except for a couple of small grammatical bits which
are probably a matter of personal preference more than anything.

Under Principles

Operates with wide participation and open communication, plans for its
long-term sustainability, and is responsive to community need

Somehow this statement  seems a little unclear in terms of who or what 'its'
is referencing. Of course, it could just be how I read it on first pass. ;-)

Perhaps something like this (may not be the best choice):
Operates with wide participation and open communication, plans for long-term
sustainability of DIG, and is responsive to community need

In the second statement
Manages documentation via single-sourcing, a central repository, version
control, and the use of broader standards and best practices. We use DocBook
for text-based documents

This sentence includes a second sentence which doesn't really follow the
writing pattern of the other statements.

Perhaps something like

Manages documentation via single-sourcing, a central repository, version
control, and the use of broader standards and best practices, utilizing the
semantic language markup, DocBook, for text-based documents

Just my thoughts after a first read.
Great job overall and very clear.
Robin Fay

http://contentdivergent.blogspot.com