[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] ***SPAM*** Re: Drupal support update

Roma Matott rmatott at pls-net.org
Thu Jul 30 15:33:22 EDT 2009

I came into this in the middle, so I might have misunderstood the plans to use Drupal.  I see why using Drupal for the website makes sense, but I have to confess I don't understand why you would want it instead of a wiki for the documentation storehouse.

At my organization, we examined using Drupal for both our website and our documentation storage/retrieval system.  We determined that wikis really have better power to index, tag, breadcrumb, and all the other mechanisms needed to organize and find large quantities of information.  We are using Drupal for our website (launching it sometime in the next month or so), but we selected Twiki for documentation.

We are not using DocBook, so perhaps that is the difference?

Roma
Pioneer Library System