[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] After the webinar: flow from DocBook to Evergreen Help Texts and back

Repke de Vries repke at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 12 11:33:11 EDT 2009

Hi all

at some point in last Wednesday's Webinar [1] the question was
brought up if DocBook documents could be output in such a way that it
becomes  Evergreen Help texts. The answer was: yes, this can be done.

This of-course would help consistency across external documentation
(manuals, what have you) and Evergreen internal documentation = Help
Texts, enormously.

 From an internationalisation perspective my question is: would this
also be possible the other way around ?

We know that translation of menu structures and help texts is
underway (like Armenian and Russian) and if we could export and feed
back into DocBook easily, this could kick start core translated
external documentation.

Thanks, Repke de Vries

International Institute for Social History, Amsterdam
eIFL FOSS SA Greenstone

[1] http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/DIGmeeting061009.wmv