[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Quote about DocBook

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Fri May 15 12:28:43 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Grant Johnson <FGJohnson at upei.ca> wrote:

> While I find myself agreeing with the structure argument for docbook,
> I feel the need to say that there needs to be an easy point of entry for
> programmers and "writers"
>
> This might help... And standard templates can then be published and shared.
>
> http://xml.openoffice.org/xmerge/docbook/UserGuide.html

Grant, that's an interesting approach -- I think there can be a variety of
approaches, and like you say, the open office templates could be published
and shared. Once the community is agreed on a common markup language and
semantic structure, there are many paths to the light...

it's also possible to provide templates for Word that make one-way,
single-time conversions not too laborious. They don't round-trip, but that's
a start.