No subject

Thu May 28 17:10:26 EDT 2009

a difference among releases (because 1.4 does indeed have record
upload/download capability). Can you point us to the documents you're
comparing?

While it is true there is a demo/dev server question, another point is
that when you're evaluating documentation, a key question to keep
asking (and asking... :) )  is "what release if any is this written
for." (The concept of tagging documentation to releases is something
we'll need to wrap our heads around -- there's some very good tips and
tools out there but very little of it explicitly states its
relationship to Evergreen versions.)

Another tip I have for anyone assessing current documentation is to
become at least a little familiar with the current releases. 1.4 staff
clients are available for download and you can point them at the
dev.gapines.org server. See:

http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads.php

That may be the best gap analysis tool -- get familiar with 1.4. As
noted earlier, dev is dev, without anything disabled, and with a full
admin login you should be able to see everything!