No subject

Thu May 28 17:10:26 EDT 2009

ensing issue, it sounds like one good option would be to license the docume=
ntation under CC-BY-SA 3.0 (<a href=3D"http://creativecommons.org/licenses/=
by-sa/3.0/" target=3D"_blank">http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0=
/</a>) but state that any source code included in the documentation is also=
 available under the GNU GPL. =A0We could have contributors include a state=
ment with their contribution that they have the right to contribute what th=
ey&#39;re contributing and that they give permission for it to be licensed =
under CC-BY-SA 3.0 and/or GNU GPL and permission for us to move to some oth=
er copy-left licensing arrangement if in the future a majority of DIG parti=
cipants vote that it is in the best interest of the project.<br>

At the meeting we will discuss whether we&#39;re ready to put this to a vot=
e, discuss any alternative options to consider, and if the group feels read=
y vote on a license we&#39;ll do that.<br>
Outline in Progress:<br>
I am attaching an outline in progress for the overall documentation. =A0It&=
#39;s pretty well fleshed out at the Book/Part/Chapter Levels, but some of =
the chapters need more thought put into the structure of sections, subsecti=
ons, etc. =A0I would like to have volunteers pick a chapter or two, read up=
 on the topic(s), and suggest how they think that chapter should be broken =
down into sections (within sections, within sections as deeply as needed). =
=A0We&#39;ve already got some input on the cataloging chapter and that&#39;=
s attached too. =A0If you have time in the next hour, please take a look at=
 the attachments and give them some thought.<br>

Thanks,<br>
Karen<br>
--<br>
Karen Collier<br>
Public Services Librarian<br>
Kent County Public Library<br>
408 High Street<br>
Chestertown, MD 21620<br>
410-778-3636<br>
OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION mailing list<br>
S-DOCUMENTATION at list.georgialibraries.org</a><br>
entation" target=3D"_blank">http://list.georgialibraries.org/mailman/listin=
fo/open-ils-documentation</a><br>
Greater Laverdiere Family Library Network<br>

--00163646bca480da07047a50b824--