[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] For Discussion: DIG Meeting Software

Karen Collier kcollier at kent.lib.md.us
Mon Oct 19 12:00:29 EDT 2009

It has been suggested that the group may want to consider alternative software for holding our meetings.  So, some questions follow for the group to consider before our next meeting on Wednesday, October 21 at 3 PM (Two days from now!).  Comments are welcome on list or at the meeting.  If you haven't registered yet, remember to do so at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/170254866

Are we satisfied with the GoToMeeting / GoToWebinar software we've been using that is being provided by Equinox?  Is there other meeting software out there that is free or could be provided for free by an Evergreen stakeholder?  Is there something out there that would be worth exploring funding sources to be able to use?  Do we prefer to conduct most business in webinar format as we have been?  Or would we like to conduct more business over email on the discussion lists and/or via text based real time chat like IRC?

Thanks,
Karen

--
Karen Collier