[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Circ docs (Re: Introductory Material for the Book of Evergreen)

steve sheppard ssheps at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 12:04:46 EDT 2010

Robert, all,
I worked on a handful of Lindsay's docs, converted  them  to DocBook format,
then added them to the GitHub doc repository. This is just a first pass; no
doubt they still need polishing.
Will review and expand as I get time.

Had issues with the 'Login' document -- I converted a couple of images (a
right-arrow, an info logo near the bottom of the original), but they don't
look quite right in the final PDF; but might look better if just replaced
with simple bullets.
But more importantly, the image of the actual login page is specific to the
OWWL / Pioneer Library System.

In general, should we keep specific images like this, but just label them
appropriately (e.g., "Here are examples of ...") ?
Or should we remove proprietary logos and names completely, or maybe replace
with some generic equivalent?

Me, I'm for leaving images as-is but adding "...example of..." comments.
What do you think?

--Steve