[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] noting what sections need content - in outline or in docs

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Aug 26 15:26:38 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I did a bit of color coding on the outline page at:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:outline

I only did it at the chapter level and they are more like flags besides the chapter titles. Here is an overview at the colors and names of the flags:

GREEN - DONE: This means that most content is in place. "Done" doesn't really mean "done" -- Editing and updating is still welcome and needed!
BLUE - ASSIGNED: Someone has volunteered for this section, but content has not been submitted yet
ORANGE - NEEDS WORK: Some content is in place but may need revising, checking, adding, etc...
RED - NEEDED - Has not been started yet and we are not aware of any existing content.

Notes:
- Yellow was too light to be used so I used orange instead.
- I believe the wiki formatting interferes with the html color formatting which is why I had to use flags and not color the titles themselves.
- This is an organic outline in that sections may added, removed or changed as needed. There may be new sections or chapters required as we discover sections which are not covered.
- Some of the red NEEDED comments have: "Beyond 1.6.1.x" which indicates features added for 1.6.1+ versions of Evergreen

I wonder if we can remove the part "Third Party System Integration" for 3 reasons:
1) Some of this is covered by other sections in other parts of the documentation
2) No one volunteered for any of these chapters
3) I wonder if these sections are better covered in the context of the documentation (e.g. SIP2 in the context of setting up the SIP server in Administration or SuperCat in the context of Development which I would not want to duplicate and maintain in an entirely different part of the documentation)
We can add this part for later versions of Evergreen documentation, but if we do not get volunteers to cover these chapters, then I vote we leave it out for now.

Thanks,
Robert

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.